Thursday, December 20, 2012

Peanut Butter Quinoa Cookies (or a gift for the Healthy Santa)

I will be short and sweet (but not too sweet today!) as I have much to do in Christmas preparations. But I have a gift to give.

I thought I would share one simple, delicious, healthy cookie recipe.

Perhaps you need to put out something for a Santa who is on a regime this year. Perhaps he is watching his sugar intake, perhaps he is on a wheat-free or gluten-free diet, perhaps he likes additional protein in his diet or perhaps he wants you to be able to whip up a treat in 2 minutes flat.

Whatever the reason, Santa will love these if you put them out on Christmas Eve with a tall glass of milk.

This can literally be made in 2 minutes flat using one bowl and one fork with 5 ingredients! Pop it in the oven and voila! Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies!

Quinoa Peanut Butter Cookies
Adapted from The Vegetarian's Complete Quinoa Cookbook, Ed. by Mairlyn Smith

If you don't have quinoa flour, you can do as a friend of mine does and grind quinoa in your coffee grinder until super fine. Or just buy it as I did pre-ground for the fine texture and convenience.